Cracks in Concrete Paving Blocks
Cracks in Concrete Paving Blocks and Concrete products.
One of the most common questions received on our Email is about Cracks in Concrete Paving Blocks that are developing in newly poured Concrete Paving Blocks. The homeowner will question why it is cracking and did they receive a shoddy job.
Please Note :- Use batter Quality Concrete admixtures
Concrete admixtures and Hardeners
When installed properly, Concrete Paving Blocks is one of the most durable and long lasting products you can use around Out door area Near by your home, Pathway, Driveway, petrol pumps, Parking area. But it is important that Concrete Paving Blocks Manufactures follow well-established guidelines with respect to concrete placement. Durable Concrete Paving Blocks, high strength Concrete Paving Blocks , and crack resistant Concrete Paving Blocks does not happen by accident.
Why Cracks in Concrete Paving Blocks.
Reason #1 – Excess water use in the Mix of Concrete Paving Blocks raw material.
Concrete mix does not require much water to achieve maximum strength. But a wide majority of concrete used in residential work has too much water added to the concrete on the job site. This water is added to make the concrete easier to install. This excess water also greatly reduces the strength of the Concrete Paving Blocks.
Shrinkage is a main cause of cracking in Concrete Paving Blocks. As concrete hardens and dries it shrinks. This is due to the evaporation of excess mixing water. The wetter or soupier the concrete mix, the greater the shrinkage will be. Concrete slabs can shrink as much as 1/2 inch per 100 feet. This shrinkage causes forces in the concrete which literally pull the slab apart. Cracks are the end result of these forces.
The bottom line is a low water to cement ratio is the number one issue effecting concrete quality- and excess water reduces this ratio.
What you can do about it:-
Know the allowable water for the mix the contractor is pouring- or be very sure you have chosen a reputable contractor who will make sure the proper mix is poured. It is more expensive to do it right- it simply takes more manpower to pour stiffer mixes.
Reason #2 – Rapid Drying of the Concrete Paving Blocks and Concrete Products.
Also, rapid drying of the slab will significantly increase the possibility of cracking. The chemical reaction, which causes concrete to go from the liquid or plastic state to a solid state, requires water. This chemical reaction, or hydration, continues to occur for days and weeks after you pour the concrete.
You can make sure that the necessary water is available for this reaction by adequately curing the slab, Concrete Paving Blocks.
What you can do about it:-
Read here about the methods to cure concrete and understand how your contractor will cure the concrete and Concrete Paving Blocks.
Reason #3- Improper strength concrete poured on the job.
Concrete Paving Blocks and Concrete Products is available in many different strengths. Verify what strength the concrete you are pouring should be poured at.
Talk to the ready mix supplier.
Consult with the Ready Mix Concrete Association in your area.
Reason #4 – Lack of control joints.
Control joints help concrete crack where you want it to. The joints should be of the depth of the slab and no more than 2-3 times (in feet) of the thickness of the concrete (in inches). So 4″concrete should have joints 8-12′ apart.
Never pour concrete on frozen ground.
The ground upon which the concrete will be placed must be compacted.
The sub grade must be prepared according to your soil conditions. Some flatwork can be poured right on native grade. In other areas 6″of base fill is required along with steel rebar installed in the slab.
Understand what you contractor is doing about each of the above listed items and you will get a good concrete job.
- Anti Corrosive Paint (1)
- Boiler Water Treatment Chemicals (1)
- Cement Tiles Hardener (2)
- Cement Tiles making machine (1)
- chemical admixtures for concrete (3)
- Chequered Tiles Rubber Moulds (6)
- Coating (3)
- Cobblestones Rubber Mould (2)
- Color Brightener (1)
- Colors and Pigments (7)
- Colors and Pigments Powder (5)
- Colors For Paints (1)
- Concrete Accelerator (3)
- Concrete Chemicals (3)
- Concrete Colors (6)
- Concrete Floor Tile mould (17)
- Concrete Floor Tile Paint (1)
- Concrete Floor Tile Rubber mould (18)
- Concrete Furniture Moulds (1)
- Concrete Mixer Machines (3)
- Concrete Tiles Chemicals (3)
- Concrete Tiles Hardener (3)
- Concrete Tiles making machine (2)
- Concrete Tiles Making Machines (4)
- Cover Block rubber Mould (2)
- Cube Mould (1)
- Designer Floor Tile Plastic mould (18)
- Designer Floor Tile PVC mould (18)
- Designer Floor Tile Rubber mould (17)
- Drain Cover Moulds (2)
- Fiber Glass Moulds (12)
- Compound Wall Making Moulds (1)
- compound wall mould (1)
- concrete compound wall making moulds (1)
- Concrete Tree Guard Making Mould (2)
- forest department RCC tree guard mould (3)
- precast boundary wall molds (3)
- precast compound wall mould (3)
- precast Manhole Cover Moulds (1)
- Precast Tree Guard Mould (3)
- Railway Platform Moulds (1)
- RCC Tree Guard Making Mould (3)
- Round Manhole Cover Moulds (1)
- saucer drain cover Moulds (1)
- Tree Guard Mould (3)
- Fiberglass Emulsion Rolls (1)
- Fiberglass for Concrete Reinforcement (1)
- Floor Tile Plastic Mould (15)
- Fly Ash Brick Hardener (2)
- Fly Ash Bricks Chemicals (2)
- FRP Moulds (3)
- Fusion Bonded Epoxy Coating (1)
- Garden bench Mould (1)
- Grass Grid Pavers Moulds (1)
- Grass Paver Mould (1)
- Hydraulic Press Tile Press Paver Block Making Machine (3)
- Hydraulic Tile Press (4)
- Interlocking Paver Moulds (11)
- Interlocking Tiles Hardener (3)
- Interlocking Tiles Rubber Mould (4)
- iron Oxide (5)
- Kerb Stone Moulds (1)
- Lab Testing Equipment (1)
- Lab Testing Machines (2)
- LED Light (1)
- LED Street Lights 50W (1)
- Machines (12)
- Dry Concrete Mixer Machine (1)
- Dry powder mixer machine (1)
- Fly Ash Brick Making Machine (1)
- granule mixer machine (1)
- Hollow Block Making Machine (2)
- Interlocking Tile Plant Machines (1)
- Interlocking Tiles Making Machine (1)
- Kerbstone Making Machine (1)
- Mixing Machine for Rubber Granule (1)
- Paving Block Making Machine (1)
- Solid Block Making Machine (1)
- Wet concrete mixer machine (1)
- Paints (3)
- Pan Mixer Machine (2)
- Parking tiles moulds (10)
- Paver Block Making Machine (10)
- Paver Mould Cleaner (1)
- Paver Rubber Mould (5)
- plastic moulds for wet casting (7)
- Plastic Paver Mould Cleaner (1)
- Plastic Paver Moulds (5)
- Polycarboxylate admixtures (3)
- polycarboxylate ether-based superplasticizers (3)
- Precast Compound Wall moulds (2)
- precast paver mould (7)
- PVC Mould Chequered tiles (5)
- PVC Paver Mould Cleaner (1)
- PVC Paver Moulds (4)
- Roof Cooling Paints (1)
- Rubber Colors (1)
- Rubber Mould Chequered tiles (7)
- Rubber Moulds for wet casting (9)
- Rubber Paver Moulds (12)
- Tactile Paving (1)
- Rubberized Concrete Mould (8)
- Scale Prevention Chemicals (1)
- Steel Cube Moulds (1)
- Stone Look PVC Mould (1)
- Stone Look Rubber Mould (1)
- Superplasticizers (2)
- Synthetic Red Iron Oxide (2)
- Vibrator Paver Moulds (10)
- Vibrator Table Machine (5)
- vibro press block making machine (1)
- Wall Tile Rubber Mould (3)
- Water Based Floor Coat Emulsion (1)
- Waterproofing Chemicals (1)